It’s funny how little Americans know what’s happening in the world… I don’t expect many people or Americans on here to read or even understand this.
FSA (Free Syrian Army)
– The FSA traces its origin to early defectors from the Syrian army who refused to shoot unarmed protesters during the Syrian uprising.
– The first defections occurred when the army was sent into Daraa to quell ongoing protests. There were reports that some units refused to fire on protesters, and had split from the army
– There are all types and religions in the FSA, including Christians.
– Many soldiers who refused to fire on civilians were summarily executed by the army
– They have over 100,000 defectors from the armed forces
– They want to stop government killings, and the army’s responsibility is to protect unarmed people.
– FSA wants to achieve freedom and dignity, bring the government down, protect the revolution and the country’s resources, and stand in the face of the irresponsible military machine that protects the system.
– FSA is mainly armed with AK-47s, DShKs and RPG-7s.
– Defecting soldiers lack air cover and they have to abandon their armored vehicles.
– Soldiers defect carrying only their army issued light arms and hide in cities, suburbs or the cover of the countryside
– The FSA has a few heavy weapons captured from the Syrian government
– Bashar al-Assad is the President of Syria and has amassed for himself, his family and associates a fortune of perhaps $1.5 billion, which is held in Russia, Hong Kong and offshore tax havens to spread the risk of seizure
Why does the FSA wan’t to overthrow the government?
– The Syrian civil war is part of a larger movement called the “Arab Spring”
– Syria became an independent republic in 1946, though Democratic rule was ended by a CIA-supported coup in March 1949. From then on it was ruled by dictators that the USA could mostly control or manipulate.
– President Assad has talked about reform but carried out very little, and he has failed to deliver on promised reforms since 2000
– Rights of free expression, association and assembly were strictly controlled in Syria even before the uprising.
– The authorities harass and imprison human rights activists and other critics of the government, who are oftentimes indefinitely detained and tortured in poor prison conditions
– The Arab Spring was instigated by dissatisfaction with dictatorship, absolute monarchy, human rights violations, political corruption (demonstrated by Wikileaks diplomatic cables), unemployment and extreme poverty
– They fight the same war we Americans fight, if you believe the government and military institution is getting out of control, along with corporate interest.
– The Arab Spring is responsible for taking out a lot of the dictators put in to power by the American and British Military machines.
– As of September 2012, governments have been overthrown in four countries.
1: Tunisian President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali fled to Saudi Arabia on 14 January 2011 following the Tunisian revolution protests.
2: In Egypt, President Hosni Mubarak resigned on 11 February 2011 after 18 days of massive protests, ending his 30-year presidency.
3: The Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi was overthrown on 23 August 2011, after the National Transitional Council (NTC) took control of Bab al-Azizia.
4: Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh signed the GCC power-transfer deal in which a presidential election was held, resulting in his successor Abd al-Rab Mansur al-Hadi formally replacing him as the president of Yemen on 27 February 2012, in exchange for immunity from prosecution.
– Some suggest that some protesters may be nominated for the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize.
– The FSA are trying to over throw the government. They will not take part in killing innocent protesters. People are protesting because the west is supporting the government and large corporations that are not distributing the wealth.
– The people are fed up and want the resources where they live, for their country, their people and their infrastructure.
This issue gets more complicated.
Al-Quada and other terrorist organizations are trying to control, infiltrate the FSA and have done so already. I have no proof but I wouldn’t doubt the CIA has already infiltrated them.
They are using the FSA to muddy the situation and possibly take control after Assad is ousted.
The same thing that is happening there is happening in many parts of the world, yet most of you sit back and judge… without having any clue of the reality that happens right beneath your nose.
So basically all across the middle east we have these little “hitlers” running around doing nasty things to the people of the world. While most of you sit back, stuff your faces to fill your fat bellies, while your own government supports these dictators and even in many instances helps them in to power, to protect their own interests.
This feed back loop, effects us all with instances like 9/11 and is just one of the reason why The United States is considered “The White Satan”
The bottom line is the people suffer, while government and corporations hover to get all the money. Meanwhile the military machine keeps getting bigger and bigger.
There is do doubt, that Einsenhower was right and yet we all still miss it.